Tag Archive | life

Christian singers…..celebrity pulpit

Christian singers.....celebrity pulpit

Speaking of Shackles off my feet….what in the world happened to America’s leading ladies in Christ Mary Mary?? To be completely honest I knew something was wrong when I used to be a club goer and The

God In Me echoed through the booming systems into the drunken hearts of the crowd….I believe (being a Christian at heart) I was one of the 2 or 3 people that sobered up quickly, fixed my attire, and eased into a corner to explain to my sober mind how I ended up in this worldly massacre myself.

Does anyone else see rage in the fact that they are now in the eyes of American Idols** – which according to God is not pleasing in His eyesight?? The once beautiful spirit and humble tone that poured from these women were once something I praised. Something I loved and admired from these black women.

What took the cake is when they performed at~ I guess an awards show (I don’t watch TV so excuse me if I get the actual premiere misstated) nonetheless, they perform with LL Cool J who comes out and asks if he can take the crowd to “church”….I mean really?

I don’t know about anyone else but it bothers me even when rappers play with God’s name in songs…it’s called mockery and I don’t think people truly understand that God isn’t just some homeboy you can go around joking with.

Anyway, I would love to know others opinions on Christian singers in a celebrity pulpit……

Advertisements

Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance!!!!

Okay, so in light of the media crazed Adidas “shackle” shoe (which is a bit hilarious to me) …I’ve heard some pretty funny debates…..my favorite is that black people wear “cotton” t-shirts LMBO!!!

I don’t believe it was insensitive at all…..I believe that it was a slaves of fashion kinda concept if you ask me!

They are ridiculously ridiculous to me just for the fact that they are……ridiculous…but hell so are skinny jeans on men…which has snatched and raped the black communities senseless and nobody is complaining about that foolishness……

Don’t get me wrong I am a proud African-American woman…but my race is a damn embarrassment at times…like seriously…y’all want to protest a damn sneaker when there is soooooo many other political and social warfares that we could be protesting about!!!

For instance, why in the hell haven’t anyone protested Love & Hip Hop or any other movies, tv shows, clothing lines that portray us to be ignorant, loud, boisterous, and rude! Why not protest red, orange and green weave?

C’mon y’all…..this argument is null and void in my book….I have always been a huge fan of Adidas and I will continue to support their product!

Life Lesson….I need help understanding my monster-in-law!!

Life Lesson....I need help understanding my monster-in-law!!

So I’ve been married to my husband for a year now….and I have not met his mom in person….I introduced myself to her via facebook before I proposed to him because I wanted to ask for her blessing (I thought that would be respectful) …I should have gotten the point when she didn’t respond….I didn’t know that her and her son did not really get along and there was alot of unsolved issues from his childhood.

Fast-forward …I have tried to continuously reach out to her so that I can try to mediate to find some median to the situation- I mean- of course I would like to meet his family and enjoy them as my own….but I know have to come to grips that this may never be….it hurts…but what can I do??

I sent her an email in full detail trying to fix the situation via facebook since she won’t return any of my calls…and this is the response I get…somebody please tell me if I am wrong???!!! at this time I told my husband that I don’t want to meet any of his family. I don’t want people to believe that I am befriending other relatives out of spite. I talk to his stepdad who is divorced from his mom and I love him…..he doesn’t get in the middle of he feud, but I am now forced to think about even speaking to him as well….I feel like if I step completely out of the situation there may be a small chance for peace with them all……help!!!!

On June 21, 2012 8:30:20 AM PDT, Erica AndJason Mobley wrote:

Good morning Ms. Tina,

First let me say that I hope that this message find you in good spirits. The reason for my contact today is that I have been made aware (not saying that it is true) that I have been thrown into unnecessary gossip and conversation regarding the issues surrounding you and Jason with your family. I am simply trying to exonerate my name from the foolishness.

Since I first met you via facebook and then ultimately speaking to you one time on the phone I have constantly asked you if there was any specific reason that you do not show particular interest in my….you have stated several times that you have no issues with me. I have never spoken to you with regards to any circumstances involving Jason and his many issues. I have never and will never disrespect you in light of 1.) you are Jason’s mom and 2.) you are my elder…..I have NEVER disrespected an elder in any manner….so please do not attempt to salt my name by saying so.

I have asked my husband repeatedly to contact you and try to make peace because I want nothing more than to see my husband and his mom (my mother-in-law) on good terms. My husband thinks I should mind my business but I try to make peace because I love my family and when I married him I took on his family as well. I carry YOUR last name……so I feel as much apart of the family as my husband is. I thought that is what marriage means.

I called you a couple of days ago and pleaded with you to give me a call back so that we can come together and surprise Jason on our visit with a family cookout to make peace with you, his brother, and so on…….you never returned my call- which I respect that because you do not know me from a can of paint!

Maybe you feel I should mind my business- but a Christian woman I stand to make things right….just the same – when Pam and Latorcia contacted me on facebook I put her right in touch with Jason and PAM asked ME to be the mediator because she did not want to talk to JD…and that is what I did. We had a very good conversation where she thanked me for being the woman I am and Latorcia text me almost everday….so I don’t know how that story got twisted either……..

It is a bunch of foolishness and trying to put all of your other family members in the middle is not making things better. I told JD the same….you both are adults….I got upset about the things he told Aryah…..that was completely unacceptable and childish!!! whether he was joking or not!

I love you, your family, and my step-daughter! My EGO is telling my that I shouldn’t even take this trip to Ohio next weekend because I may be forced to defend myself (by any means) considering the things that MY NAME has been involved in but I don’t mind….I will come there and speak my mind to whoever feels they need an answer from me……life is too short….everybody yelling God this and God that….but then in the same breath everyone is allowing the devil to control their thoughts and actions!!

You and Jason have the power and control to turn all of this nonsense around….I hope that you both sit down and confront your inner demons and lay them on the table…..I am praying for you both to seek God and find the strength to grow in faith and each other by settling your differences amongst each other and leave everyone else’s opinions out of it.

Our last text messages you were as nice to me as you were the day we first spoke on the phone…I don’t know if since then you feel I have done you wrong but let me say this- when you called Jason about Latorcia- I was sitting here when you called me trifling- I didn’t respond because that is not my thing- I am not a hoodrat and I don’t encourage yelling and making threats over the phone…I was more shocked as to why I was put into it….like I told Jason- I felt like you were upset and just said whatever at the time….that’s just how I am…I don’t care about things like that….when he has spoken to you on any other occasion I haven’t even been home….so I don’t know if you feel like I have been in the background talking reckless….sorry that is not in my character. If ever I have wanted to speak to you Ms. Tina I have called you directly.

No when I come there to support my husband I have to look over my shoulder and be prepared for whatever comes my way….all because my character has been tarnished before anyone has ever laid eyes on me. This is certainly not the perception I got from you in the one conversation and many texts/facebook messages that we have sent. I am hoping that there is no truth behind my name being thrown in the mud…but if it is….I am hoping it ends today. I am hoping that you and my husband are adult enough to end this foolishness. I told Jason already…I will not stand and ignite this madness…the world is chaotic, I’ve got my children (including those that are proven to be his) to raise and I don’t expect to expose them to family backstabbing family and fighting when in these times (the end times) we should be all standing together…..people have no idea what the devil has in store for this world…God is tired…..why be apart of the problem when we all can be apart of the solution.

We will be there next weekend. I hope to meet you, Arielle, BJ, Chrystal, Brett, Aunnie, Trey, etc….on good terms….like FAMILY! so when we bring Aryah back I can feel safe to bring my daughters as well…..to meet you all as well as the kids…..

God bless….if you want to speak with me directly I can be reached at (202) xxx-xxxx

On June 21, 2012 10:01:38 PM PDT, Tina XXXX XXXXX wrote:

Im not sure where you get off sending me messages like this! It’s very disrespectful!..God first of all is not involved in mess and confusion!..i’m not concerned about what’s going on in you nor Jason’s life its your business! He closed those doors when he said what he did about me to my granddaughter! It hurt her dearly…Defendi him if you must! But don’t threaten me by any means necessary, where do you get off saying that! Dont send me this mess anymore. What I need to say to you or your husband I can say face to face! Keep God out of this!

On June 21, 2012 10:03:51 PM PDT, Tina XXXX XXXXXy wrote:

Life!..He closed those doors! And then hurt my granddaughter by what he said!

On June 21, 2012 10:08:20 PM PDT, Tina XXXX XXXXX wrote:

By any means necessary you say… I take that as a threat! I don’t have time for this nonsense…dont send me this mess anymore! I am 50 years old not 15! Keep God out of this.

On June 22, 2012 3:53:04 AM PDT, Erica AndJason Mobley wrote:

How did you take my words offensive? Wow. I poured out my soul to you yes using God because he is the source of my strength. Trying to do what I can to mend this and the devil has allowed you to turn my words completely upside down. I will continue to pray for you. This is the last response I expected. I apologize for attempting to reach out to you. God is in everything, please remember that. Hopefully during your quiet time you pray for the hatred in your heart. Jason as well. I thought you would receive my words in love but I guess not. I will honor your request to never contact you again.

Who stole the potty line??

Who stole the potty line??

Does anyone remember back in the day when there was a single file line to the restroom in school…..today’s brain rant brings me to discuss the issue of today’s lazy teachers in our school system.

On three separate occasions I’ve found my daughter to be accosted by a child in a disrespectful manner while she was paired up for a trip to the bathroom *in case of an emergency* – now my first question is this “How can two babies depend on each other in the case of an emergency?” and second “What happened to the potty line?” We had 3 set timed opportunities to used the restroom/lavatory/bathroom when I was in elementary school….and if you didn’t catch one of those times then your mom had better packed you an extra pair of clothes and panties……

I think today’s teachers are getting very lazy in keeping an eye on our children. They are placing our children in situations that are unsafe and unhealthy. Not to mention, leaving them with open opportunity to get into mischief…..it sickens me….a janitor or anyone can slip into your child’s bathroom stall and wait for the one naive kid to come in and get taken advantage of…..not too mention that this has happened but nothing is being done about it!!!

I think I will draft this post into a letter and write our director of education…….

Flag on The Play!! (in relation to my deadbeat dads debate)

Flag on The Play!! (with relation to deadbeat dads)

Okay so in today’s frustrating news….my husband and I find out that not only has his ‘unofficial baby mama’ – in this case this is what I have no choice to call her…..has reached out to his mom and brother. Now this we don’t have a problem with. But now everyone seems to be taking ‘shots’ at him with lame parenting remarks ….yep…his own family has taken it ‘there’…..

What I am having a hard time understanding is how a woman from 13 years ago show up from hundreds of miles away and claim to have a child by your relative and you immediately take them in? Especially, when in fact he does have a daughter that resides in the same city as the mom and brother that no one takes the time to see about………kinda makes you wonder what the real issue is huh?……

Oh-No! but that’s not it!! I have been thrown in the loop as the trifling wife who is speaking for my husband….Lord, help me…..so I married my husband one year ago May 6, 2011. I have supported him and encouraged him to be the person God has intended him to be (without taking credit!) God placed someone who loves him unconditionally in his life to be his voice of reason…because with his temper and attitude before he met me…he may not have made it this far (but I’m trifling) – yikes!! (how does that happen…)

Anywhoo…yes…I do try to mediate certain circumstances because I can keep my cool in heated situations…this is what I do nowadays….I write…sometimes until the carpal tunnel sets in…….

So again, the woman sends me a text (because SHE decided it was best she talk to me) asking me if we paid for the DNA test….My response was yes, actually we went to the courthouse, filed for joint custody and requested a child support amount so that we can knock everything out in one shot…..no response…..

no…..effing….. response….

then 4 hours later have the daughter (13) who has been on facebook thanking uncle so-and-so and grandma (who don’t even see their biological niece/grand-daughter) talking about her ‘daddy’ don’t want to be apart of her life and thank God for her uncle and Grandma during her time of need!!! – Lord, give me strength….the uncle (my husband’s brother is responding like yeah my niece….blah blah blah -blah blah blah blah …….blah!

Really?! We both spoke to this child and the mom and said we didn’t want it to be detrimental to the child believing he is her dad and the test proves other wise….what the hell harm is there in that?!?!

The woman has admitted to my my husband and I that they indeed are not sure if he is the father….BUT- Oh wait!!! ….she isn’t telling anyone else that (of course)

…and guess what….because he is married….with a wife….who is his equal counterpart and is included in everything….as a husband/wife relationship should be…….NOBODY has called to hear my side, his side, or our side….however order they want to respect us……….

It is definitely confirmed in my book that even family can either consciously or subconsciously wish upon your downfall…..

Sometimes….I want to walk away….just to see if they would treat my husband just a little bit better…..maybe I am the cause of it all…..maybe if I didn’t care for my husband and his well being….he could move to where they are and get better advice from them……but then he reminds me…..that before me……he did live there….with them….and with others…..and he has never made sane and responsible decisions in situations where he was emotionally bound by the shackles of devastation….and it calms me…it lets me know that I am doing what God placed me in his life to do…….

Meanwhile…I guess we sit back….and wait for the flag to be thrown on the play……

either he is the father and we will proceed with getting to know his daughter and including her in our family…..OR……he is not the father and we will move on….more humble than we started this journey….

…either way…with no regrets of the past and no hatred for the passed judgement on our name….

…may God continue to allow me to shed tears and anger through my writing because I am a looooooooonnnnnggggg way from where I used to be….but I am learning that the devil will use any and everyone that he can to get to you and try to keep your focus off track…..

I have alot of insight into my in-laws and their ways of life….but I refuse to take shots out of revenge….I will continue to reach out to them for a truce (from whatever lies under the surface of their dislikes of me and/or my husband) and love them for who they are….

I understand that these are the people we need to love and pray for most…for the evil they put into the universe…..they don’t understand the seeds they sow……will build the deadliest bush around their doorstep….and before long….it will trap them inside….with the very evil they’ve fed over the years……

and now I can rest until the referee call……”FLAG ON THE PLAY!!”

MUCH LOVE,

DEFYNE

Spiritual Growth….easier said than done……

prayerwoman

Spiritual growth is not easy (in the beginning) a lot of sleepless nights, cold sweats and migraines. A lot of confronting your past mistakes and current flaws. Stripping your ego down to completely expose yourself and all your sinful ways. It is a journey (especially when the world around you is not ready – so they laugh, judge, ridicule you for choosing to grow beyond them….without them) Either your circle is very small or you are forced to feel alone. It’s not about religion…it’s not about church….for these things attached to your renewed spirit can make you greater……but they are NOTHING if your spirit is not in-tact……I was once told that faith without works is dead….but I also learned that activity is not always productivity……so I ask right back…..what is a bunch of works (in the church) without the spirit of Christ in everything you do? These are not rhetorical questions….I hope someone feels like speaking today :)….I’m trying to give you something to think about! What is giving thanks and praises when you can’t manage to sacrifice to do His will? That is like saying Thank you!….and then spitting on the person you just thanked…….(with a smile)….People will go out here and work,work,work,work,work…gotta pay these bills, gotta feed these kids, gotta get this outfit for my next event…..what about your eternal seat in heaven? My husband and I started a business that has made our living very, very comfortable in a short period of time…..but what is all of that working for….to pay a bill….to pay a car note?…meanwhile…the kids are getting older, we don’t even know their favorite colors, or shoes size….I mean sure we take them out for fun and dinner and shopping….but what does that do for them when they were given to us to enjoy our temporary assignment here on earth….and  when we don’t know when any of us will be called home (so there are no emotional memories left behind with those who matters most……… What are we sacrificing for our final reward…our eternal reward…and what really matters?…….time for a different strategy to live……..

From a cockroach to a king…. my husband’s idea of humor lol & smh

From a cockroach to a king....(lol) my husband helped with this one!

Cockroach facts

:-0 Cockroaches, are the most common insect pests infesting homes

:~) Cockroaches prefer to live where there is food, warmth and
moisture.

*_* Unlike many household pests, cockroaches are prevalent
year-round, causing homeowners and businesses to eventually
seek some form of control.

😦 Cockroaches are replusive and objectionable to most people simply
by their presence

Now you may be thinking…what in the hell?!?! but yes, you are absolutely correct! I would be talking about my husband.

Many days we sit and reminiscence over the past and were we’ve come from…..so tonight as I am thinking of a clever blog to share my random thoughts he asks if I would talk about him…..going from a cockroach to a king…..we shared a hilarious laughter before my lightbulb went off……

As I think back over the stories of my husband’s past he was absolutely that of a cockroach…..he was a leech, a woman user, a pesky creature who would pass time eating, sleeping, and drinking until he wore out his welcome at many homes in different states.

It’s quite embarrassing for him, but we laugh at the trials he had to face before he would understand what God had in store for him—so we vow to remember these times…..

Anywhoo, so I met my husband in June (I believe) of 2009 at a club where I hosted parties. He and I instantly became friends but there was one issue….my new friend always wanted to hang out! He was very considerate, had a great personality, but his outer shell needed help! He never had any money and he was living from home to home and state to state…..after a short-lived romance/friendship he left from D.C. and moved to Florida….

when things didn’t work out so well we started to communicate more and more until he decided to give DC another shot. As he made his plans we were excited about the possibility of hooking up again but didn’t think it would go any further…..needless to say he moved here and I could see his games from a mile away….I was straight up this time because I had no intentions of playing games with him. He was sharing dinner with my children and staying over night at my house….don’t get me wrong…if I didn’t see any potential in his heart there is no way I would have subjected myself to his world of foolishness!

My husband constantly tells me that I am the only woman that has ever required him to be a man. The only woman that was not afraid to request what I was and was not going to tolerate from him (or any other man to be considered permanent in my life). He decided then that this challenge was worth all that I had been asking.

My husband went from a leech to a lover. He opens doors, he cooks, he cleans (that has always been his passion so I can’t take credit for that one!), he massages feet, runs baths, attends school functions, helps the girls with homework, he respects authority, he has confronted his life-long hurt and demons……

He is a proud father, husband, provider and friend. He is my business partner in owning our own cleaning business. He is my king. Molded by the hands of the Most High…..he is my king!

King: a male sovereign or monarch; a man who holds by life tenure